|Regular Class WOD||Local Comps WOD|
|2″ Deficit Deadlift – 5 x 2 – heavy as possible+
2a) RDL – 3 x 8, rest as needed
2b) Band Face Pulls – 3 x AMAP, rest as needed
5 Front Squat – 50% of DL 1RM
15 Deadlifts – same weight
|Position 2 Hang Clean (hip) + 1 Push Jerk – 7 x 2 +2-Stop Snatch Pull (knee & hip) – 7 x 2
2″ Deficit Deadlift – 5 x 2 +
2a) RDL – 4 x 8, rest 10sec
2b) Weighted Muscle Up – 4 x 3, rest 10sec
2c) Band Face Pulls – 4 x AMAP, rest 60sec
Green Monster Meatloaf -by DCCF/Darkside Member: Jessica Grace
This dish is very easy to make is great for a lunch or on the go meal. Lots of green vegetables in the beef gives you all you need in terms of veggie nutrients for that meal. The great thing about this meatloaf dish, well actually two things, first you can change out the vegetables for others for variety and second, the topper is mustard based, say goodbye to the standard sugary Mom’s ketchup and BBQ sauce topper!
Ingredients Meatloaf 1 lb Grass Fed Ground Beef 1 Package Frozen Chopped Spinach 1 Package of Frozen Sweet Peas 1 Clove of Garlic 1/2 Cup Vegetable Stock 1/2 Yellow Onion 1 tsp Paprika 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder Dash of Red Pepper Flake Salt & Pepper
Sauce Dijon Mustard Cilantro Jalapeno
Tools – Blender, Glass Baking Dish, Bowl, Measuring Cups
Directions 1. Preheat your oven to 375.
2. Defrost your packaged spinach by putting it in the microwave for about two minutes. When you remove it try to squeeze out as much of the liquid as possible.
3. Grab your peas, garlic clove and veggie stock. Put all the peas in the blender, with the garlic, a couple pinches of salt and pepper and pour in a little of the veg stock. The liquid is used to help the peas liquify. Helpful tip – the peas will get stuck and stop turning – rather than adding more liquid which will make your meatloaf runny, take a spoon and very carefully “help the blender”. Do this by helping to stir the top part of the peas while the blender is going – help the blender keep that centrifugal force but don’t get your spoon caught in the blades! You should see the middle of the contents keep moving in a downward motion to the blades – that’s centrifugal force.
4. In a bowl put your meatloaf spices and seasonings. Add your beef, strained spinach and the pea puree. Use your hands to toss the mixture.
5. Take your glass baking dish and put the meatloaf in.
6. For your sauce dice up your cilantro finely, mince your Jalapeno and add in as much or as little mustard as you like. Mustard can over power a dish, so I like to do a very light layer over top of the meat.
7. Bake for 45 mins to 1 hr. Depending on the depth of your glass baking dish. Cut into a piece to test for doneness (no red or pink).
8. Drain off any excess liquids.